The Core Solution Expert Engineer will be responsible for installations, operations and maintenance focusing on Cloud Based Telecom Messaging solutions but also spanning other HAUD Telecom solutions offered globally by the company. They will detail, coordinate and execute at both integration and operational matters, spanning all three skill areas for the solution (compute, connectivity amp; software) as to ensure the most timely and efficient deployments , regular anomaly detection enhancements (NMS) and rectification (troubleshooting) are achieved.
Substantial internal coordination with DevOps amp; 24x7 NOC will be crucial, including occasional external 3rd party partners. Architecture integration design (LLD specifications) and detail planning for solution installations and upgrades will also form part of the key responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist and Execute tasks for deployment management, Integration support, vendor operation amp; support management, service asset configuration amp; tracking service restoration, technical support, operational design, SLA/KPI management amp; 2nd/3rd line support.
- Assist in the specification’s definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed or requiring updates.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal resources ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Plan, organize and manage the performance of the Solution Delivery process and where necessary initiates corrective actions to cover shortfalls in performance and delivery capability.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the solution, intervention amp; issue is addressed at the required standard and within the planned time frame (SLAs).
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for project delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Telco Core network element exposure and troubleshooting such as (A2P amp; P2A Gateways, SMSCs, STPs) are a KEY asset.
- Cloud design, integration and operations for AWS, Azure and VMware private clouds, are considered a KEY asset.
- Hands on experience with Linux SCTP amp; SMPP (utilities/libraries), especially network tracing tools such as Wireshark is a must.
- Experience in the telecommunications section protocols such as Sigtran/MAP amp; SMPP are considered as an asset.
- Structured and Logical Troubleshooting skills with ample hands specifically spanning: ESXi , Linux , TCP/IP , SCTP , RabbitMQ , Redis , PostGreSql/Mysq , Cisco amp; Fortigate L3 Switches amp; Firewalls.
- 3+ Years experience in similar Telco Senior / Engineering roles
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal, good communication and reporting skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- International and multi-cultural working environment
- Great company benefits
- Staff recognition and career growth
- Flexible working model (Remote or Hybrid)
For most Mobile Network Operators, SMS A2P is a sleeping giant. Total addressable revenue is stagnant - coming from either fixed price wholesale, or traffic eroding price hikes. HAUD’s complete Messaging Revenue Platform is an industry game-changer allowing MNOs to break free of traditional growth constraints and create attractive revenue strategies which can be enforced through our award-winning SMS firewall and billed via automation.
What is it like to work here:
We are a hyper-growth, global organisation with innovation, diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do. We know work makes up a massive part of our lives, that’s why our flexible working model ensures that our teams have a healthy work/life balance. We invest in our employees to grow within the business and to continue to develop themselves through our learning and development programmes, providing room for internal promotion and longevity.