The Mill Adventure is a start-up with the ultimate mission of building awesome products that will change the way the iGaming industry operates. We started our journey in 2019, with the vision of building a technology driven organisation and creating a fast moving team consisting of the best of the best specialists in their respective fields.
Today, we provide a complete gaming platform, including licences and operations, for rapid deployment and success in iGaming. Our team of 35+ technology and iGaming experts is guided by passion for invention, operational excellence and commitment to improve the inefficient.
We trust and value our team and we strive to accommodate the right working conditions for each individual, in remote, office based or mixed models. We see the strength in being different and embrace the cultural diversity existing in our group.
One of our key strengths is the modern technology stack, which we think is exciting to work with and allows us to move fast. The event-driven architecture of domain-specific services, organized in monorepo with automated CI/CD pipelines, not to mention being natively serverless creates a unique development environment, that is a joy to work with. We want to stay lean and agile, without the overhead of artificial processes and a minimal number of meetings. We work closely, yet with a lot of autonomy.
As our gaming platform is a quite complex system, you will have an opportunity to get involved in a variety of different tasks. From integration with payment or game providers, preparing for new markets, introducing new features, and improving and optimizing existing ones. We have a lot of unique and interesting projects:
- SmartLobbies (AI-powered, personalized game recommendations),
- Tournaments (a flexible system supporting real-time competitions between players),
- Automated withdrawals (rule-based component for automating critical processes),
- Betpool (innovative social gaming solution).
If that sounds interesting, we are looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join us in our adventure.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop gaming platform, contributing with clean and efficient code
- Participate in software design and architecture discussions
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with internal teams, vendors, and partners
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- Previous experience working with AWS (or similar) solutions (DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, Quicksight, S3, etc.)
- Experience using automated testing frameworks
- An analytical mind and proactive attitude
- The ability to work independently
- Self-management and communication skills
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer, working with Back-End
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Experience developing highly available and fault-tolerant systems
Our general expectations are:
- high communication standards - participate in team chats, provide help when someone needs, ask for help when needed, participate in internal discussions and chats with stakeholders
- pro-activeness - plan your own work, seek for new tasks, participate in activities beyond primary tasks, eg. monitor alerts, help in questions from your area of expertise
- professionalism - provide high quality of work, seek and suggest improvements
- kindness - be good to others
- A lean, focused company, offering a flexible working environment.
- The opportunity to work with and learn form a highly skilled, talented team.
- A great company culture, where accountability is innate, transparency is key and competency is virtue.
- Being part of a small, tight knit, caring community.
- Paid vacations and sick days.
- Laptop and Peripherals budget.
- Private health insurance.
- Learning budget.
- Parking/transport or co-working allowance.
- Company wide and team based get togethers.